Important tips to remember in order to comply with the new occupational health and safety regulations that requires that every business must follow thorough health and safety training.
– Train your workers in compliance with the occupational health and safety act
– Do the training from the top down from management to the workers
– Directors can be fined up to $25 000 or jailed for 12 months for failing to comply with the occupational health and safety act.
– Report all hazards and injuries
– Train employers on work refusals
– You need to make sure your employees are trained on occupational illness
– WHMIS and common workplace hazard training is also paramount