In Ontario, the Health and Safety act provides for constructors under section 51. When a person is killed or critically injured in a workplace accident, the constructor and the employer shall notify an inspector and the committee. The act also recognizes that the scene should not be disturbed before the inspector arrives.
– The inspector is warranted the power to enter a workplace at any time.
– They can require the workplace can not be disturbed at any time.
– They can require any documents with any purpose of inspecting.
– They can request interview and speak to anyone around during the time of the incident.
– Farace covers all of these important topics and more regarding workplace accidents.