In this video, Toronto Family lawyers of Devry Smith Frank LLP discuss important issues involving property division, marriage contracts, spousal support, shared custody and child support.
- Difficult spousal support issues post “Guidelines”;
- Keeping your scary spouse away with a restraining order;
- Why going to Family Mediation without consulting a lawyer is like playing dodge ball blindfolded;
- Immigration consequences of relationship breakdown;
- Bad ideas in custody cases – “outside the box” strategies that people use;
- Equalization of “What?” – property division on marriage breakdown;
- Equalization of net family properties and common law couples;
- Weird and archaic solutions to bad financial separations (trust claims); and
- How to keep yourself from getting played – the benefits of a marriage contract or cohabitation agreement.